What references do I need to get when moving in to a new property?

For a long let you will be asked for a previous landlord, bank or employer character references to demonstrate proof of income and suitability. You will also need to provide proof of ID and proof of address.

For a short let you will be required to produce proof of address and either your passport, national ID card or driving licence and an employment or character reference.

For a short let tenancy where a company is the tenant you will be required to produce proof of ID for those staying at the property and a letter from the company confirming the full names of all proposed occupants.

Who is responsible for the utilities after I move in?

You as the tenant are responsible for settling up accounts with the utility companies directly when you move into your property and also when you leave, taking care to provide meter readings at the beginning and end of the tenancy.

How do I pay rent?

You will need to pay the rent in full prior to the commencement of your tenancy. We accept bank transfers, bankers’ drafts, cash, direct debits, and mobile money.

Contact Us

0393 194370 / 0702 735698


2nd Floor, West Wing, Room 5,
Akamwesi Mall, Kyebando
Kampala, Uganda

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
× Send Us a quick message